To gain this badge, Scouts must complete all the activities in one of the following two areas:
Area 1: International contact
Make contact with Scouts from another country outside the United Kingdom, then either:
- Take part in a Troop or Patrol activity with these Scouts.
- Take part in a Patrol or Troop activity based on things found out during the international contact.
This can be done in a number of ways, for example through nights away in the UK or overseas, the internet, pen pals, Jamboree-on-the-Air (JOTA), Jamboree-on-the-Internet (JOTI), or Lands of Adventure.
Area 2: International issues
Choose and investigate an international issue.
- water and sanitation
- animal welfare
Then complete the following:
- Show an understanding of the issues involved.
- Take some action as a result of research.
- Compare how the issues affect the UK and countries overseas.