Puffin sponsor the Scout Adventure Challenge badge. Some great resources are available which include activity ideas that leaders can use to help Scouts gain their badge.
Take part in three different activities, ideally on separate occasions.
Examples of various suitable activities are given below.
This is a guideline rather than a complete list.
- Adventure activities
- Hill walking
- Exploring a town or area you don't know
- Planning and undertaking a journey by public transport
- Caving or pot holing
- Pony trekking or horse riding
- Dragon boating
- Canal boating
- Powered aircraft
- Stunt kiting
- Hot air ballooning
For each activity:
- Know the safety issues involved and understand the use of any equipment needed for the activity.
- Show an awareness of environmental issues around the activity (such as erosion at popular climbing areas).
- Know about further opportunities to take part in the chosen activities.