Tritiya Sopan Test
a) Whipping - other method than done in Pratham Sopan
b) Draw Hitch, Fireman's Chair Knot, Man Harness Knot
c) Eye Splice, Back Splice, Short Splice
d) Pitching, striking and packing a tent or improvise a shelter enough for 2 persons to sleep
e) Make a trestle and a rope ladder with the help of another scout.
a) Swim 50 mtrs
b) Know the safety rules of swimming
c) Know how to prevent, minimise and deal with cramps
Earn one of the following Proficiency Badges:
i) Athlete ii) Camelman iii) Climber iv) Gymnast iii) Hiker iv) Games Leader
a) Estimate any 2 given heights/depths not more than 30 mtrs.
b) Estimate weights not more than 2kgs
c) 2 different types of things in numbers (such as biscuits, coins, marbles etc.)
- First Aid:
a) Treat for shock, fainting, choking
b) Deal with simple fracture of arm, collar bone and jaw fracture
c) First aid for cases of Drowning and electric shock
d) Demonstrate mouth to mouth resuscitation
a) Map reading, knowledge of scale, conventional signs, contours and grid references. Be able to read a tourist map or survey of India map and follow a given route or lead a person.
b) Make a map by Triangulation, plane Table and Road Traverse methods.
a) Demonstrate the use of knife, axe and their safety rules.
b) Build 2 Patrol Pioneering projects and demonstrate their uses.
- Participate in an Overnight troop camp
- Undertake a hike with a Patrol on a Cycle for at least 30 kms
Undertake a hike with a Patrol on a foot for at least 10 kms
Submit a report to the Scoutmaster within 10 days of the camp
- Cook in the open, meals enough for 4 persons.
- Plan and participate in a patrol expedition
- Participate in a night game
- Send and receive a message through Semaphore code containing at least 25 words
- Qualify for any two of the following proficiency badges, one from each group:
Group Ai) Civil defence ii) Community worker iii) Pioneer iv) World conservation
Group Bi) Citizen ii) Book binder iii) Naturalist iv) Pathfinder
- Complete any one of the following and prepare a log book
a) Talk on National integration to your Group
b) Talk on Troop Campfire or tell the story of a prophet
c) Discuss in your Patrol in council how scouting develops National Integration
d) Lead your patrol to a nearby place of historical/social/religious or industrial importance and discuss about what it
- Show the knowledge of scouting in India
- Serve as a Dwitiya sopan Scout for atleast 9 months.