Plumbing, including pipe fitting, is an important and well-paid occupation. The industry is quite broad. It covers installations and repairs in homes, commercial properties, and factories. Plumbing pipelines are used for water supply, waste drainage, natural-gas heating, and many other purposes.
- Describe how a properly working plumbing system protects your family's health and safety.
- List five important local health regulations related to plumbing and tell how they protect health and safety.
- Describe the safety precautions you must take when making home plumbing repairs.
- Make a drawing and explain how a home hot- and cold-water supply system works. Tell how you would make it safe from freezing.
- Make a drawing and explain the drainage system of the plumbing in a house. Show and explain the use of drains and vents.
- Replace a washer in a faucet.
- Clean out a sink or lavatory trap.
- Better Homes and Gardens editors. Step-by-Step Plumbing. Meredith Books, 1997.
- Home Depot Books editors. Plumbing 1-2-3: Install, Upgrade, Repair, and Maintain Your Home's Plumbing System. Home Depot, 2001.
- Popular Mechanics editors. Home How-To. Hearst Books, 2000.