- Know the importance of the heart, lungs, skin, teeth, feet, stomach and the organs of special sense (eyes, ears and nose) keeping in good order, and principal danger to be guarded against.
- Give general rules of governing, eating, drinking, breathing, sleeping, cleanliness and exercise; give evidence of these rules for at least 12 months.
- Know the value of fresh air and how to keep rooms ventilated.
- Know the dangers incurred in use of tobacco, alcohol, opium and their intoxicating drugs, danger of over straining the body and of continual use of one form of exercise.
- Train a patrol in simple exercises suitable for all parts of the body and give reasons for each exercise.